Thursday, September 25, 2008

Zen and the Art of Self Disappointment

[written on Tuesday, 9/23/08]

I feel like there comes a time in everyone's life when you've got to do an inventory of yourself.

I'm talking mentally and materially.

This point comes to different people at different times. A large life event is usually used as a jumping off point for this inventory. Sometimes it's a graduation, an engagement, or a funeral. These events don't necessarily have to be your own. This large life event could also only be large to you.

For me, it came in the form of a serious talk.

So I did sometime slightly impulsive and nerve racking: I applied to the Teach for America program. I hope this works out!

[the rest of this post is written on Thursday, 9/25/08]

I got rejected. Today is the worst day in the world.

I don't get to help people. I don't get to work towards a career. I don't get to do anything right now except for answer phones as a crappy receptionist.

I have no clue what I want to do with my life, because I was really counting on this.

1 comment:

teddi said...

I'm thinking of you.