Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Miss Orlando.

Theme Parks are fun for the guests. They have to be, otherwise no one would spend $60 on a ticket for admission along with countless other dollars spent on food, drink and souvenirs. The neat thing is, they're also fun for the employees.

Coming from Orlando, one of the Theme Park capitals of the world, I myself have been a Theme Park Employee. Granted, it wasn't at the most magical place on earth, but it was a hell of a lot of fun. I worked for Universal Studios, which has two kick-ass theme parks and a Cooler than Disney vibe.

My favorite time to work at Universal was for Halloween Horror Nights. The parks just... changed. It might have been the air getting a little cooler, the nights getting longer, or just the buzz about Halloween Horror Nights. No matter what it was, that even seems to seep into the parks, even during the day.

Now, I'm not a big scary movie person. I purposely avoid situations that scare me. Until October rolls around. Once October 1st hits, I can't be stopped. I want to watch scary movies, plan my halloween costume, eat candy corn, carve Jack'o'Lanterns and go to Halloween Horror Nights.

This years Halloween Horror Nights theme is AWESOME. It's Bloody Mary- and all of the scare zones and haunted houses are fairy tale themed (Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, etc). I'm almost tempted to sneak down to Orlando for a night while B and I are in Gainesville for the Fest... We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, you are going to be in gainesville for the fest? wha? we should hang out!
-becca t