Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Surprise!

Well, it turns out that the big highlight of the weekend was Hampdenfest. While the Renaissance Festival was extremely fun, it was also extremely hot which made the day slightly less enjoyable.

What did we do at Hampdenfest, you ask? Well... We went to Atomic Books (for the first time ever!). How have I never been in this store before? It was fun and amazing! B got stuck in the trade paperback section (he ended up getting some Hellboy trade paperbacks and one Preacher one). T, from work, got stuck in the Tokidoki stuff, along with the Sanrio funness. And her boyfriend, S, got caught up in... well, I'm not sure what. But it was way expensive. Personally, I was looking at the Kid Robot vinyl toys. Goodness I love those. I ended up with a yummy breakfast keychain that is adorable! They do them blind box, so you never know what you're going to end up with (I really wanted the cupcake, but I ended up with the muffin).



I also want to go back to Atomic to pic up some zines- there were a few that looked quite interesting.

After that, we stopped at the Brewer's Art tent to grab some large plastic cupfull's of Ressurection. Man, I've told you guys about this beer before- it's still awesome. One of the most refreshing things after a long hike uphill from the Light Rail.

We also stopped at the B.E.S.T. tent to see what my favorite Baltimore Crafters are up to. B bought me a lovely pendant from The Broken Plate! I was quite excited about the whole thing, because The Broken Plate does some pretty kick ass, original stuff. While at the B.E.S.T. tent, I also donated some fabric to Art With A Heart (I'm also potentially going to be volunteering there. I'll let you know on Thursday).

We all ate at Holy Frijoles (B and I can't get enough of this place. It's too good!)

There wasn't too much going on after that. We walked around, perusing tents and shops (Including In Watermelon Sugar, my new favorite place to get yummy smelling things). After such a lovley day, we all took the Light Rail into the sunset.

2 comments:

Juliet said...

Awesome! Thanks so much for coming by - and for your donation! Have fun at AWAH!

teddi said...

I have the KidRobot bunny with its props on my coffee table. It doesn't exactly go in my preppy Hamptons-beach-house themed apartment, but I love it.