Monday, September 22, 2008

The Destroyer of Worlds

With such an epic title, what could this post be about?

Well my friends, it's about a board game.




Oh yes, my friends. It's Monopoly. And it is, in fact, the destroyer of worlds.

It's one of those games where someone is always really happy (because they're winning) and someone is always sad and sulky (because they're losing). When you play with two people, there is no in between. You will be one or the other. And if the person you're playing with happens to be the person you share a bed with, things just got even trickier.

B and I played this game on Saturday night. I happened to be person A, whereas B was person B. It gets to a point where being the person whose winning just isn't fun anymore. Soon after the game, we went to bed in a haze of tiny houses and multi-colored money.

Although, I must say, I never win at Monopoly, so this was pretty fun.

No comments: