Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Scratch Your Back...

One of the best feelings in the world is knowing that you were able to help a friend.

My friend TAG has been in a pretty crumby mood for the past few days. She bares herself on her blog and someone decided not to think before they commented. There's a preview button there for a reason. Before hitting 'submit,' please have the decency to look at your comment through someone else's eyes. How might your comment be taken? Are you being overly familiar? Are you being flat out rude? These are things that should be taken into account. But this person threw those thoughts out of the window. And (I'm really attempting to not attack them here), they looked like the moron for it.

Since TAG lives in NYC, I can't exactly rush over there to comfort her (I mean, I could try. But being all jittery on a 3.5 hour bus ride isn't the ideal way to get to a friend in need).

I've also been promising her that I would make her a present for a while now. I finally bucked up and made her an apron worthy of entertaining in. I put it in the mail on Monday. Unbeknownst to me, Miss TAG would need a pick-me-up the very next day. She finally got her presie in the mail today, and to quote her, "You made my day. Seriously. It was JUST the pick-me-up I needed."

I love being there for people.

(ps- apron pics to follow)

1 comment:

teddi said...

You're the best. Thank you for pointing out the necessity of considering your comments before posting. Blog etiquette is overlooked too often.