Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Last week B and I had "the talk."

The "you've been graduated from college for a year now and you're still working in a company with no position for advancement" talk.

That's a hard talk to hear. And to agree with.

This past year, I've gone through so many different plans for the future. I'm going to Grad School to get my M.A. in English Lit. I'm going to Grad School to get my M.S. in Library Sciences. I'm never going to school again. I'm going to Culinary School in Baltimore. I'm going to Culinary School in New York City. I'm going to be a teacher. I'm going to be a bartender. I'm going move to New York City. I'm going to live in Baltimore forever. I'm going to be an editor. I'm going to be a writer.

Well I've finally made a (semi)permanent decision. I'm getting my application ready to send into Teach for America. I'm going to try to get stationed in Baltimore. B and I are going to live in Hampden. B's going back to school.

I hope that this plan works out. Because while obsessively planning the future is borderline crazy, there is still a part of me that will never let go of the idea that I can be whatever I want when I grow up.

No comments: