Friday, October 3, 2008

The Drive

I like driving. It's one of my favorite activities. I find it to be an activity that is extremely susceptible to being emotionally charged.

If your upset, driving can be one of the most frustrating experiences. People don't seem to understand the concept of "Right of Way". They tailgate. They don't go fast enough.

But if you're in a good mood, driving is one of the most enjoyable things. You can put your windows down, let the sun shine on your face, listen to whatever music you want and just enjoy the moment.

Tonight I'm driving down to South Carolina, to visit B's family. I get the pleasure of leaving after work and driving through the night (just about). But the weather's nice. And I've got music that I enjoy. I'm going to stop at a health food store to pick up dinner and snacks for the ride down.

Here's to hoping that I don't fall asleep!


Update: My trip from Columbia Maryland to Columbia South Carolina took about nine hours. I'm sleepy, but Clerks 2 is on the TV and B is giggling like a girl... so I think I'm going to stay up :)

No comments: