Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Boyfriend is an Evil Genius.

He's down right diabolical. Who could have ever guessed that this face could make me do something that is just... against my DNA?




B's new job at Borders Books & Music requires that he be there by 6am on some days. Where we currently live (hopefully not for long... as my friend Z says, fingers and toes) is in an awkward public transportation area. To get to Borders by 6am, B has 2 options- either take a bus into downtown Baltimore, transfer buses two more times, and arrive at work 45 minutes early... or take a direct bus, but constantly be 10 minutes late. So B went with option 3- convince his caring and loving girlfriend to wake up at 5:30am (an hour and a half before I normally wake up) to drive him to work.

After going to bed at 11pm, my morning went a little something like this:

5am- Alarm goes off. B lays there for an unknown amount of time, while I attempt to stay awake to make sure he gets out of bed. After this unknown amount of time, B gets out of bed and proceeds to get dressed in the dark.

5:30am- B wakes me up, in a kind and gentle way since he knows that I'm helping him out quite a bit. I roll out of bed, put on jeans, a black hoodie and some socks (all over my pj's). We go upstairs, B puts on shoes and packs his Squidfire bag for the day while I stumble about for car keys, coat and shoes.

5:45am- Walk out into freezing cold, glad I'm still toasty warm in my pj's and various other layers of clothing. We get into the car, and I tell B to put on some music. He chooses Reel Big Fish (Beer), which I'm surprised by.

5:50am- I drop B off at Borders. He is the first one there (I think. I really don't know. I left before he went inside. I'm a good girlfriend- I swear!). Drive home, now listening to the Once Soundtrack, because I can't decide if I want to attempt to sleep when I get home, since it's still dark out.

6am- Get home, strip back down to pj's and get back in bed. Decide I should probably be productive this morning, so I take a shower. The cats are locked outside of the bathroom while I do this, much to Isis's dismay. When I get out of the shower, she yells at me. A lot. And loudly.

6:45am- Decide that I have enough time to eat breakfast (for once!) and make a Tofurky and Provolone Veggie Cheese sandwich on Challah. It was good. :)

7am- Get bored, decide to channel surf. Find out that the Style Network plays Clean House at all hours of the day. I also take care of my Animal Crossing town (I'm watering red turnips. I'm going to have so many Bells!).

7:30am- I grab my microwavable lunch and head out the door- it's time to go to work!

The morning ended up alright, but man, am I sleepy right now. Here's to hoping that I can get to bed early tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Animal Crossing!

-Heather :)