Thursday, July 3, 2008

This is the begining.

"So it goes"

I'm not sure why the beginning of my career as a blogger needs to begin with a Kurt Vonnegut quote. Especially that quote. The most used quote. The one that everyone who was ever forced to read Slaughterhouse 5 (or picked it up for enjoyment) will always associate with the late Mr. Vonnegut. I'm sure I can find a better one.

Let's go with my favorite mantra from the Vonnegut book I just finished:
"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do."

I think that might feel more appropriate.

I suppose I don't have a specific goal for this blog. It's not about cooking, my love of cats, or how I'm beginning a grand adventure. I've already started this adventure- way back in August. This is just another continuation of my adventure, and a way to keep better track of it.

The adventure, you ask? Well, it all began when I graduated with a B.A. in English and moved to Charm City itself- Baltimore. Exploring a new city is always an adventure, and I've never felt more up to it in my life.

cori.

2 comments:

teddi said...

YAY! I'm so proud of you and happy we can be blog friends. :)

teddi said...

And you quoted Vonnegut - one of my favorites. Currently reading Breakfast for Champions for my book club.