Monday, July 21, 2008

They call it Charm City for a reason

This weekend B and I were visited by a few good friends from Florida. Since they had never been to Baltimore before (!!) we had to show them everything we liked! Or, try some things we've been meaning to try.

After picking them up from the Travel Plaza (what a great first stop in B'more, btw...) we took them to the Annabel Lee Tavern, in Canton.


The food was absolutely incredible! With three vegetarians at the table, it was a treat to get to try most of what was ordered. There was bruschetta , which had mozzarella melted on the top; a portabello, spinach and mozzarella burrito (which was so yummy, B didn't let me try any of!); and a grilled veggie panini with hummus. The only meat eater at the table got the barbecue sandwich (and he loved that!), with sweet potato fries. These might have been the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. They were sweet, but they also had a nice kick to them (most likely the cajun spices...). And then, there was the beer. I had the Resurrection Beer- a locally brewed Baltimore beer... It's definitely in my top 5. It went down easy, tasted great and came in a pint glass with Edgar Allen Poe's face on it. Could I have asked for more?

After a good night's sleep, we all trekked back downtown to Federal Hill Park. I believe I've already gone on (ad nauseum) about my love of this park. So what better place to take someone who hasn't seen Baltimore?


After the park (and some lovely 100 degree weather), we decided to go to the pie shop! Dangerously Delicious Pies is on my "must see" list in Baltimore. It's right on Light Street in Federal Hill (not even 1 block from Cross Street Market!). Easy to find, great pie- what more could a person want?!

Sunday evening we all went to see The Dark Knight (second time around for all of us) at the Senator Theater.

It was a lovely way to end a really great visit. We got to watch a movie that we all geeked out about, in a historic theater, with some good friends (and great pie. Yes, we snuck our pie in. And it was totally worth it!)

1 comment:

teddi said...

I tagged you in my latest post :)