Friday, July 4, 2008

Federal Hill

We went to Federal Hill last night. It might be my favorite part of this city so far. Granted, I've haven't been too many place in Baltimore. We've gone to the Inner Harbor, Mt. Vernon, Hampden, and Fells Point. I've drive through some pretty scary areas, and some some ritzy ones. But Federal Hill is the place I have my heart set on- pretty much because of the Park.

Oh man. Federal Hill Park is so great. The view of the Harbor is beautiful, and the park itself is gorgeous. You can see Raven's Stadium, The Aquarium, the best Barnes & Noble I've ever been to, and the Domino Sugar Plant.

Our foray into Fed Hill was Flicks on the Hill. During the summer, the American Visionary Art Museum shows movies on the side of one of its buildings. Last night the showed
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou? which was enough to draw us out of our house for the evening.

Dinner was at The Stalking Horse, a place where I had eaten once before with a good friend. They have some pretty intense baked potatoes, and last night we shared quesadillas- which were really yummy. Spinach, tomato, and mushroom with some awesome dipping sauce. To go along with these quesadillas, I had a lovely pint of Sam Adams Summer Ale, while B enjoyed Clipper City Pale Ale.

Onto the movie! Everyone brought out blankets and lawn chairs, and it was a really great atmosphere. The movie was great (as I knew it would be), but there's always something added by watching a movie with a group of strangers. I'm sure that everyone has encountered this- you go to a movie you want to see on a night where it's particularly crowded. Everyone laughs at the right spots, groans at the right times, and for certain movies you can hear someone sniffling during a sad scene (that's usually me). Last night was no different. People clapped and sang- some even danced.

It was one of those nights that confirms in my mind, my choice to move to Baltimore.

cori.

No comments: