Thursday, July 31, 2008

Should Have Been a 50's Housewife

I've been doing a lot of sewing lately. Nothing special, and everything I've made has been mostly from t-shirts. But still, it's a great creative outlet for me.

I used to feel as if I had all of this energy pent up inside of me, but I had no way to let any of it out. It was frustrating, because I would try to draw- but I'm shit at drawing. I can't play music. I don't sculpt or write (a lot).


But between the baking and the sewing, I've been feeling less like I'm about to burst at the seams (always a plus).


The first thing I made was a pillow for my dad's birthday. He's a big Rush fan, and I had gotten this t-shirt at a concert we went to in 2004 for his birthday. B thinks he's going to cry, because it's so sweet and adorable of me.




B and I have also been working towards thinning out our wardrobes, because we were getting to the point where we didn't wear about half of what we own. But we've also avoided getting rid of a lot of these things (mostly t-shirts) because of sentimentality. So I made the decision to make a blanket out of these t-shirts, and make them work for their keep. It's only about half finished, but I'm extremely proud of that half!




I am the ghost of t-shirts past!

Oh yeah, t-minus one week until the big trip. I've semi-started packing the car already. My dad's pillow and the directions are in there. Tonight begins the giant laundry cycle, and then the real packing begins. On the docket for this weekend: work at Border's in Friday night for the midnight party of Breaking Dawn, go to DC to visit Z (who surprised me yesterday with a call telling me he's here), laundry, packing, baking some cupcakes for my Grandma, and figuring out what to pack, to eat, on the trip.

1 comment:

teddi said...

I'm kind of peeing in my parents over that last picture.