Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Hate Mondays.

I know, it's Wednesday. So why complain about a day that is two days behind? Because of this:



My shiny car, gotten this past December, now looks like this.

Don't worry- no one was hurt. But luckily (or, I suppose as lucky as one can be in the instance of a car crash) they hit me. So their insurance is taking car of my car getting fixed, and a rental car so I can still get to work.

Now, other than this accident, B and I had a wonderful Monday. We hung out with our friend V, who I met through Z at a hostel in DC (jeeze, that sentence had too many initials...). V is from Ireland, and ended up in Baltimore during his stay in the States. We took him for a lovely dinner at Holy Frijoles, in Hampden. We then ended up at a bar close to B's work, with some of his co-workers.

So, here's the tally for the day:
+ Worked
+ Hung out with V
+ Accident wasn't my fault
+ Went to Holy Frijoles
+ Met up with some friends from Ukazoo (B's bookstore).
+ Had Bourbon for the first time

- Got into a car accident
- Stranded at home on Tuesday, for lack of transportation

Okay, so only one negative on the list, which caused the second negative (and third positive?). So maybe the whole day wasn't a bust. But it'll still go down in my perosnal history as the day I got into an accident, with an Irish kid that I'd known for two days in my passenger seat.

2 comments:

teddi said...

My poor Cor! Just glad you're okay!

Chocolate and Steel said...

oh man! That looks bad. It must have been pretty scary. glad you are ok:)