Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back in Action

Well, B and I are back from our vacation to visit the family in Upstate New York. I think it went quite well!

The six and a half hour drive was okay. Luckily, the rental car that I have is awesome on gas. It only took one tank of gas to get there, and a second one to get back. For an almost 800 mile trip, that ain't half bad.


We were bored on our very long journey.



This is the view from my Aunt & Uncles backyard. It's breathtaking.




My two little cousins, with a collective 5 hours of sleep between the
two of them, for three days straight.

The main reason why my family gathers, in reunion style, is because of my Grandma. We seem to celebrate her birthday, every five years, with a large party. For her 70th, we all went to California (it also happened to coincide with my cousin graduating from Berkeley Law School). Five years ago, for her 75th, the whole family went to the Catskill Mountains, where we rented many hotel rooms. This year was the big eight-oh. So we all took planes, trains and automobiles to my Aunt & Uncles in Hartford, NY. The party was huge. It was completely catered and butlered, and there was even a bartender!



B made a friend in Rags, their dog.



My Aunt, and beautiful Grandma. This was a little halfway through the party.
Let's just say my "Grandmother is Buzzed" (exact quote from her, too!)



B and I. Both a little... "happy"



And, the obligatory family portrait.

The party was lovely, and getting to spend so much time with the family was great. B got to meet everyone, which was a long time coming. All in all, a grand success!

No comments: