Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Arts & Crafts with a Twist

So, I've been really into making things lately. It doesn't matter to me if it's baking, cross stitching, sewing, or writing. As long as I'm creating something, I'm happy. I wasn't always this creative. for a while there, I never made anything original (except for essays, but even then my "original" item was based on other peoples original thoughts). But now I seem to be creating something every day. Even when I was sick, I sewed a key chain out of felt (which lives on my keys as I type...). Two days ago I made a little tissue holder. I'm in the process of making something (I won't say what until it's done and in the mail) for T.A.G., our very own Jewish Girl in Wasps Clothing. But it's something that I'm creating, sans pattern.

I suppose I've been inspired by a book that I picked up recently:




I plan to make as much as I can out of this book, because it's so intesely adorable!

Of course, I'm not the only creative one in the house. B has been helping me out by creating a logo for my cupcakery website (I'm not too sure when that'll be up, but I'll let you know!). And last night we sat in the living room, until late in the evening, doing our respective crafts. I was embroidering part of TAG's gift, while B was building and priming some Warhammer figures. It felt quite nice to sit there, each of us concentrating on our respective tasks, and being able to show the other our progress every now and then.

On an unrelated note, does anyone out there have Animal Crossing: Wild World for DS, and have access to wifi? It's sad to admit, but I don't have any Animal Crossing friends, and would love to move my little town past the stage I'm stuck on now. Let me know if you want to be DS friends, and we can exchange codes!

No comments: