Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Civic Duty

Today, I did that thing. You know, the thing that everyone over the age of 18 should do today. I voted.



It might have been a slight pain in the butt to wake up early and stand outside in the cold, but two things really helped me. 1- I'm doing my part to help elect a president that I actually want, and 2- My new winter coat kept me warm! It's a feminine pea coat, with fun button detailing... but I digress.

Lucky for me, the polling place is right outside of my door- I literally walk across the street, and I'm there. It was also a beautiful morning, and the trees are doing amazing things.


The negative? Everyone and their mom was there. The line took me about 45 minutes, which I was not a fan of.



This is what the line looked like when I was almost inside of the school.


The line, as I was leaving

And who did I vote for? I'll give you three guesses...

(Obama Munny, Dunny and Portrait found at the SquidFire store in Hampden. Believe me, I'm not that talented.)

No comments: